Saturday, January 22, 2011

Christmas to Now

After a fun-filled Christmas in NH with my family, we are back in Idaho starting our winter semester classes.

January 4th marked my last first day of school, ever!

Weird, isn't it? Well, I guess when you consider I've been working on my degree for 5 years, it's not all that weird.

The next few months are going to be amazing. February is Valentine's Day, and I already told Rob how I want my day to go, so I know it will be great:-) Then there is March when Katers turns 1! I am planning a huge birthday bash which will probably just be me, Rob and Ryan, but again, it will be great.

Then the month I most look forward to, APRIL! I am so excited to have so many relatives coming to see me graduate. I feel special. April will also be awesome because I have two weddings I am shooting (yay for fun things!) I will also hopefully start working for some great company with great benefits. Wishful thinking?

I have started putting together my resume. It's been an intense process trying to make my resume look and sound professional. It's amazing that a few words can make you sound so much more experienced.

I am so anxious to start applying to businesses in the area. At least it means I get a new outfit! I don't think I own an outfit that says, "I have a degree and I am awesome so please hire me so I can feed my family."

Maybe Macy's has one.

Katers is still as cute as ever. She is SO close to walking! She stands all by herself and even takes 2 steps. If I try and make her practice too much, she starts growling at me. So I let her decide how often she wants to practice.

2 comments:

Carisa said...

How do you do it? You are amazing!

Anonymous said...

Hey Liz! I am so glad you left a comment! It is so fun to reconnect with old friends :)

Kate is so cute! She is so big too ! I love the picture at the top of your blog with her trying to hold herself up and the words you added to it.

I use a 50 mm f/2.0 and a 14-55mm f/3.5. The first is a semi-macro lens and my very favorite. The second does close ups but also full frame and a slight zoom. I have a zoom lens but don't use it very often. This is all Olympus. What camera do you use?