Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Fireproof me

Yesterday was a great day, no school!

It was awesome just spending the day with Robert and having no obligations. We went to Porters to get Christmas craft ideas, which I think was more fun for me than Robert.

We eventually decided to make Christmas ornaments for our family night activity. It was super fun! Although our ornaments look like a kid made them... haha.

After some shopping around town we had a romantic lunch at Taco bell- where I drank a whole taco bell size cup of diet-pepsi. (Which, unfortunately I like more than diet-coke now)

I didn't feel too bad because I went all day Sunday without any caffeine, and the two days before with a very little amount.

Today though, no caffeine , because I probably did drink too much yesterday.

So after our romantic day on the town, we come home to find a PACKAGE waiting for us on our doorstep!! It was from Auntie!! We ran inside and opened it. Auntie has been sending us the cutest packages every month with themed placemats, potholders, candels, etc. It's so awesome. We love the love we get from Auntie!

THEN...(a long day, I know) Robert gets a call and we get to take some mission buddies of his out for dinner for his work. Free delicious dinner!!

After the dinner we hopped over to the movie theatre, and decided against Twilight because the worker said people are still lining up for it, and we do NOT want to wait in line for that movie and I couldn't get Rob to see HSM3 again, so we went to "Fireproof".

FIREPROOF IS SUCH A GOOD MOVIE!!! I mean, do not get me wrong, it's a terribly low budget movie and pretty awful acting. But the message is extraordinary!

When Robert and I were leaving the theatre he made the comment of,


"How many movies do you see nowadays where the characters are trying to save their marriage? Usually the movies are about falling in love. And granted- there is Sweet Home Alabama, but by the time they fixed their marriage, she had already committed adultery"


It's a great movie and book, check it out- http://www.fireproofmymarriage.com/

1 comment:

angel said...

I was looking for some Christmas craft ideas that my kids can do at home and then I found your blog. I haven't seen Fireproof or heard about it until today, but...

""How many movies do you see nowadays where the characters are trying to save their marriage?"

...yeah, it's a good one. I personally value my marriage so much that I want to last it for a lifetime.